Imam Hussain was:
- The Grandson of the Prophet Mohammad.
- Denied to pay allegiance to the tyrant Umayyad Caliph at the time: Yazid who was falsefully killing and oppressing the innocents in the name of “Islam.”
- He offered to be exiled but the Caliphate declined and he was encircled in Karbala and faced with a force of 30,000 who killed him along with his companions and all male members of the family including an infant child.
- The rest of the women and children were humiliated, tortured and taken as captives for thousands of miles to the Palace of Yazid in Damascus.
- Thus Imām Hussains stance was against terrorism as it existed then and as it has appeared again now.
- Through this peace procession we strongly condemn and oppose any act of terror in Australia or elsewhere
Posted in: The Procession